Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Waiting on the Lord



Psalm 62:
1 My soul waits in silence for God only;
From Him is my salvation.

2 He only is my rock and my salvation, My stronghold;
I shall not be greatly shaken.


Have you ever noticed that when you're going through something tough - some personal crisis or uncertainty, an answer will come through exactly when you need it? That is what has happened to me over the last couple of days.


Today while I was driving I had the radio tuned into Charles Stanley and the subject of his sermon was waiting on the Lord. It was exactly what I needed to hear.

I've been restless lately, waiting for answers on several things of importance in my life. I've prayed and I've talked to people that I thought could give me "expert" advice. Then I prayed some more.
But the hardest thing for me to do has always been to wait. I want to help things along, to influence in some way. I wonder how many of the Lord's blessings I've missed out on simply because I couldn't wait for a clear answer.

Do I trust in Him? Yes.
Do I believe He has a plan for my life that was designed before I was born? Yes.

Ephesians 2:10 says, "For we are His workmanship, created in Christ Jesus for good works, which God prepared beforehand that we should walk in them."

I do believe that but I never thought about it until recently. For a while now, I've felt strongly that God has something He wants me to do and I'm eager to get started, but I'm still not completely sure what it is.

Does He want me to witness for Him through Inspirational novels? Maybe. Or maybe its something different.
Right now I feel at loose ends and my patience is wearing thin, but I continue to wait. To resist the urge to "do" something on my own. In my heart I know whatever "it" is, I'll be ready when the opportunity presents itself, and it will be right for me, because I'm waiting on the Lord.


Psalm 27:
11 Teach me Your way, O LORD, And lead me in a smooth path, because of my enemies.

12 Do not deliver me to the will of my adversaries; For false witnesses have risen against me, And such as breathe out violence.

13 I would have lost heart, unless I had believed That I would see the goodness of the LORD In the land of the living.

14 Wait on the LORD; Be of good courage, And He shall strengthen your heart; Wait, I say, on the LORD!

1 comment:

Bill Dotson said...

Regina,
I enjoyed reading some of your blog especially this one. I'll be retiring from public education in a few weeks and I feel the same way you did. I'm sure God has been preparing me for something but I'm not sure what. He told me awhile back, "You'll know when you get there.". Be blessed.

Bill