Sunday, May 06, 2007

John Schneider and Hidden Secrets


A couple of weeks ago I saw John Schneider being interviewed on TV. He was talking about his new movie, "Hidden Secrets." The plot of the film centers around the sudden death of a Christian “hometown hero,” and the longtime friends and family that gather for his funeral. Together for the first time in years, some begin to reveal hurts and mistakes they have been hiding from one another.

I read somewhere that the movie is sort of a Christian "Big Chill." Now I have to be honest, this doesn't really sound like my kind of movie but it stars John Schneider so how bad can it be? I've loved this man since he was Bo Duke and everything since then from his role on Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman to Smallville. I'm sure I'll see this movie, too.


I hadn't realized that John is a born again Christian and.....okay, this is going to sound really ugly, but I am a born skeptic, I just can't help it and I wondered if he was just saying he's a Christian because of this movie. So I did a bit of Googling and I discovered, much to my joy, that he co-founded The Children's Miracle Network with Marie Osmond in 1982 and he founded FaithWorks Productions in 1995 to produce family-oriented videos and recordings, so he's had his "ministry" for a very long time.

It fills me with so much joy every time I see a celebrity come forward and say they're a Christian. We so desperately need Christian TV to offset the mainstream garbage coming our way.


On to another subject. My heart so goes out to those in Greensburg, Kansas after the tornado that swept through the town. I can't quite wrap my mind around the horror of a town being 95% wiped out. Those folks will be in my prayers.
We're having another stormy day here, too. It was storming so badly this morning that we didn't go to church. My daughter and I got dressed and started to go - in fact we were half way there and driving through flooded streets and I decided it was just to scary to be out and about. When I passed over the Little Blue River it was running faster than I've ever seen it run.
Looks like another lazy day watching old movies and bumming around the house.
I bought tomato and pepper plants and intended to put them out this afternoon after church but the weather channel says we'll have rain all through next week!! Sheesh.....guess I'll have to set them out in a mud hole and hope for the best.
I also got some fresh herbs which I'm going to pot and keep outside. I've never done that before so I don't know how they'll work but I love cooking with fresh herbs, especially parsley and it seems like all they ever have at the market is those scraggly little sprigs of parsley in plastic containers.
Well, hope ya'll have a nice week ahead. God bless and walk in the Word.

2 comments:

Donna Alice said...

Hi again! Your note about the herbs caught my attention--I use to grow a lot of herbs. This year I needed to cut back so I got one of those long, deep planters at the dollar store and I'm going to have a mini herb garden on the back porch.

Let me know if you like the John Schneider movie!

Ramblin Regina said...

Thanks for the advice Donna. Believe it or not, I still have all my veggies and herbs waiting to be planted. We've had so much rain and flooding here in Missouri the ground is just saturated.
Hopefully, I'll be able to get them in the ground this weekend. But the herbs, I'm definitely potting and I'll try the long, deep planter you suggested.

I'll post about the Schneider movie after I see it!