Friday, May 11, 2007

The Nativity Story


I finally watched "The Nativity Story."
I had wanted to see it at Easter but for some reason, I didn't.
I liked it....but it didn't satisfy me. By that, I mean that I long to see a real blockbuster of a movie, an epic worthy of de Mille or at least with the zeal of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ."
I want it filmed in a location that looks authentic, not the wasteland of Morocco. I want a great cast. I want to see a story from the birth of Christ all the way through his life, ministry, crucifixion and resurrection.
I know it was done and done well in "Jesus of Nazareth" but I want an even better version with a Christ who looks like an ethnic Jew, not a blue eyed blond.
I think I'll e-mail Gibson and tell him to get on it.


This weekend I'm renting "The Last Sin Eater." Hope its as good as it looks!

No comments: